What happens when a man finally figures out he’s got nothing to lose by speaking his mind. If you’re Rick Perry you reach into your pants first to see if you’ve still got a pair. Then you quit. But not before you give that damn yankee Donald Trump a Texas-sized piece of your mind!
Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry suddenly announced he was suspending his presidential campaign Friday.
As he did so, he made it abundantly clear that he’s still not a fan of real-estate mogul Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner in the race with whom he has often feuded.
Speaking at an event in St. Louis, Missouri, Perry repeatedly jabbed at Trump’s campaign-trail controversies without using his name.
“Demeaning people of Hispanic heritage is not just ignorant, it betrays the example of Christ,” Perry said, according to his prepared remarks. “We can enforce our laws and our borders, and we can love all who live within our borders, without betraying our values.”
This was a reference to Trump’s heated rhetoric against illegal immigration, which spurred a nationwide controversy when the developer launched his campaign in June. Perry previously likened Trump’s immigration activism to the US’s 19th-century “Know Nothing” movement, which shunned Catholic immigrants from Ireland and Germany.
“It is time to elevate our debate from divisive name-calling, from soundbites without solutions, and start discussing how we will make the country better for all if a conservative is elected president,” Perry said Friday.
Perry also bashed “celebrity” presidential candidates during his exit speech.
“For me, the message has always been greater than the man,” he said in his prepared remarks. “The conservative movement has always been about principles, not personalities. Our nominee should embody those principles. He — or she — must make the case for the cause of conservatism more than the cause of their own celebrity.”
Absolutely right, Rick. You won’t be the one making the case though.
For the moment, Perry jumping from the klown kar has zero impact on the race though his super PAC does have $17 million socked away, so Slick Rick could still sit back, chill, and see who the Last Man Standing (sorry, Carly!) and see where he wants to start scratching checks for. Or against if it comes to that.
Unless your name is John Kasich, it hasn’t been a real great time for current or former Republican governors. Jeb “the Smart One” Bush has been pushed back into the pack by Captain Combover, Gentle Ben Carson, and Carly “I Hate Hillary” Fiorina. That leaves Mike “I Used To Be Fat” Huckabee, who tries to stand out in a field of morons by being the most moronic.
How stupid is this asshole? Huck the Shuck is so stupid he believes the U.S. Supreme Court’s infamous Dred Scott decision of 1857 which denied Blacks the rights to U.S. citizenship still remains the law of the land. Which it would still be–had not the 14th Amendment been passed in 1868.
Would someone please adjust Moronic Mike’s sun dial 147 years forward? Meanwhile Little Scotty Walker hasn’t impressed anyone in Iowa as he’s gone from leading the field in July at 18% to just another bottom feeder now at three percent. Which still allows him to tell Chris (the 1 Percenter) Christie to “eat it, chubs!” But cheer up, Chris! Your fave team, the Dallas Cowpies are on Sunday Night Football and looking forward to again showing exactly how their limp dick cornerbacks made Odell Beckham, Jr. a Madden cover boy.
Which leaves one more Republican governor (no, not you George Pataki and Jim Gilmore. Nobody knows you even exist), but I’m blanking on the name. Robert sombody or Bob someone or Robbie someone…no, that’s not it….Piyush! Piyush “What About Bobby?” Jindal! Shit, I forgot all about that simp! So has everybody else.
Piyush (2 percent with a bullet!) has been HAM on Captain Combover. Just look at some of these bitch-slaps he’s thrown at the Big Don.
- The Donald Trump Act is great, and the idea of Donald Trump is great — BUT the reality of Donald Trump is absurd, he’s a non-serious carnival act.
- Donald Trump is shallow. Has no understanding of policy. He’s full of bluster but has no substance. He lacks the intellectual curiosity to even learn.
- It’s silly to argue policy with this guy, he’s doesn’t know anything about it, he has no idea what he is talking about, he makes it all up on the fly. According to him his health care plan will be “fabulous” and his tax plan will be “really, really terrific.” He’s shallow, no substance.
- Donald Trump is for Donald Trump. He believes in nothing other than himself. He’s not a liberal, he’s not a moderate, and he’s not a conservative. He’s not a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. He’s not for anything or against anything. Issues and policies and ideals are not important to him. He’s for Donald.
- Donald Trump is a narcissist and an egomaniac. That may sound like a serious charge to make, but it is also something that everyone knows to be true, and he knows it too, and he celebrates it. He told us the other day that he’s likes Kanye West, why? “Because Kanye loves Trump.” He may be an entertaining narcissist, but he is one nonetheless.
- Like all narcissists, Donald Trump is insecure and weak, and afraid of being exposed. And that’s why he is constantly telling us how big and how rich and how great he is, and how insignificant everyone else is. We’ve all met people like Trump, and we know that only a very weak and small person needs to constantly tell us how strong and powerful he is. Donald Trump believes that he is the answer to every question.
- Donald Trump is not a serious person. It’s all a solo act, it’s all just a show, and the joke is on us. He’s laughing all the way to the bank, or to the polling location. P.T. Barnum was never more right.
- You may have recently seen that after Trump said the Bible is his favorite book, he couldn’t name a single Bible verse or passage that meant something to him. And we all know why, because it’s all just a show, and he hasn’t ever read the Bible. But you know why he hasn’t read the Bible? Because he’s not in it.
Well, hell, Piyush. Don’t be shy. Tell us what you really think. You mad, bro ’cause Donnie dissed Carly Fiorina’s looks? You gonna defend her honor? Give ’em hell, Piyush!
“I think it’s pretty outrageous for him to be attacking anybody’s appearance when he looks like he’s got a squirrel sitting on his head. I think he should stop attacking other people’s appearances.”
BOOM! Head Shot! Not that Piyush’s intended target totally ignored the incoming salvo. In his own inimitable style, the front runner returned fire without naming names
Even on the 14th commemoration of the worst day in America’s history, Trump makes it all about him. Stay classy, Donald.
Yeah, it’s amazing how hardcore these Republicans get when they’ve got to push Donny’s fat ass off of them and the only reason they get any attention paid is they have to tear Trump down to make themselves look big. When you’ve been running for president for months and all you’ve got to show for it is a seat at the kid’s table for the debates, you get desperate.
No juice makes losers brave.